What's it about?

This blog originally had a very specific purpose: it was a place to post prompts for creative writing during the time of the lockdown. Initially it was for the use of my writing group, as we could not for the time being meet in person - but it's available now to anyone who'd like to have a go at creative writing. I very strongly believe that writing is good for you: while you're writing, you're off somewhere else - you've escaped! So off you go - have fun!

Thursday 29 February 2024

Book review


This week, I'd like you to choose a book you've read recently and really enjoyed, and write a review of it. A review will often begin with a brief overview of what the book is about. It will go on to analyse what was good about it, and possibly where it fell short. It may compare the book with others in a similar genre: it can often be useful to quote briefly from the book, to illustrate the points you are making.

I'd like you to focus particularly on what made the book enjoyable - what made it stand out, and what made you keep turning the pages - what made you want to read on?

If you want to look at some reviews, you can take a look at my reviewing blog here. (I'm not suggesting that my reviews are models, but there are quite a few concentrated in one place, so it will provide you some examples, good or bad!)

No comments:

Post a Comment